Visit visa as academic

If you are from an academic institution overseas, you can: take part in formal exchange, arrangements with UK counterparts, or carry out your own research during a sabbatical If you’re a senior doctor or dentist you can also: take part in research, teach (as long as it’s not a permanent teaching post), or undertake clinical practice (as long as it’s not a permanent position).
All academic visits lasting longer than 6 months require a Standard Visitor visa regardless of your nationality. You can either apply for a Standard Visitor visa before you travel to the UK that lasts for up to 12 months and costs £190 or visit for up to 6 months and apply to stay longer when you’re in the UK for a fee of £993 (you can stay up to 12 months in total).

Request a call back from our Visit Visa Solicitors