A housing disrepair claim allows you to seek legal remedies when your rented property is in disrepair. You may file a claim if your landlord has failed to make necessary repairs, which can affect your health, safety, and overall well-being.

The process begins by first notifying your landlord about the disrepairs and giving them ample time to address them. If the landlord fails to take action, you can proceed with the pre-action process, which involves sending a letter before action outlining your grievances.

Request a call back from our landlords & tenants experts

Page Contents

Call Us 24/7
0207 100 2525

Housing Disrepair Claims

If the matter remains unresolved, you can file a claim in the county court.

As a tenant, you have the right to live in a safe and habitable property. If your landlord has failed to maintain the property, a housing disrepair claim can help you seek the resolution and compensation you deserve.

A housing disrepair claim can be complex, requiring knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations. Experienced housing solicitors can guide you through the process, ensuring your rights are protected.

Book Video Consultation Now
Zoom | Teams | Whatsapp | Skype

What to do if You Have Housing Disrepairs?

If you face housing disrepair, it’s crucial to take action promptly. Start by contacting your landlord to report the issues and a