International Agreement Worker Visa

The UK offers several International Agreement Worker Visa for overseas workers. These visa routes aim to bring employees on a short-term or long-term basis to their UK branches. The aim of these visa routes is to simplify the process of hiring talent from outside the UK.
Call us on 0207 100 2525 for immediate help & assistance with your situation.
We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.


Request a call back from our immigration experts

Page Contents

Call Us 24/7
0207 100 2525

Who is Eligible for the UK International Agreement Worker Visa?

The International Agreement Worker Visa is one of the International Agreement Worker Visas offered by the UK. This particular type of visa allows you to undertake International Agreement Worker in the UK as an international worker covered by international law or treaty.

The maximum duration of the International Agreement Worker Visa is 2 years. In some cases, you can seek an extension to the visa so much so that you may be able to stay in the UK for up to 5 years. This visa route also allows you to apply for your dependents to join you in the UK.

You must meet several requirements to be eligible for this visa. These requirements are related to the nature of your work in the UK, your financial means, and your personal details.

The International Agreement Worker Visa solicitors at the London-based Adam Bernard’s immigration law firm can help you identify and satisfy all the relevant requirements for this visa path. Our Temporary Worker Visa solicitors offer tailored advice and guidance for all International Agreement Worker visas.

General Requirements

To be eligible for the visa, you must satisfy the following set of requirements:

  • You must be aged at least 18 years at the time you submit your visa application.
  • Certificate of Sponsorship. Your UK employer must have provided you with a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS). The CoS is valid for 3 months, which means that you must apply for the visa within 3 months of being issued a CoS. Your CoS has a reference number which you must provide at the time you submit an online visa application.
  • Financial Means. You must have a certain minimum amount of funds to support yourself once you are in the UK. These funds are meant to ensure that you will not need to rely on public funds which are not available to visa holders in this category.

You may need to meet other criteria depending on the specific facts of your visa application. The Temporary Worker Visa solicitors at our immigration law firm can guide you on the matter. With the help of our International Agreement Worker Visa solicitors, you can fully understand the scope of requirements for this visa category.

Who Can Apply for an International Agreement Worker Visa?

You can seek an International Agreement Worker Visa only if you intend to undertake work of a specific nature in the UK. More specifically, the work you intend to do must be one of the following:

  • It is work you intend to do as a household employee for someone who is a part of an exempt international organisation
  • You intend to work for a recognised international organisation or an overseas government
  • Your work involves private services for a diplomatic household

If one of the three situations noted above applies to your intended role in the UK, your work likely qualifies for the International Agreement Worker Visa. Your work also qualifies for the visa if it is covered by the General Agreement on Trade Services (GATS) or a similar agreement signed by the UK.

However, you must meet many additional requirements as well. You can consult the Temporary Worker Visa solicitors at our immigration law firm to understand the full scope of these requirements.

Book Video Consultation Now
Zoom | Teams | Whatsapp | Skype

Financial Requirements

You must satisfy specific financial requirements to be deemed eligible for this visa. These requirements pertain to the availability of sufficient financial means.

You are required to prove that you have cash funds of at least £1,270 and that you have had these funds for at least 28 consecutive days. These 28 consecutive days must have fallen within the 31 days immediately before your visa application.

You can seek an exemption from this financial requirement if your employer agrees to support you for your first month in the UK. In this case, the employer will be required to show the availability of cash funds of at least £1,270. The employer must also note this financial commitment on the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) issued to you.

You are also exempt from this requirement if you have already been living in the UK for at least 12 months and have a valid visa.

Applying for Dependents

The International Agreement Worker Visa also allows you to apply for your dependents to join you in the UK. Any dependent applying with you must be eligible for the visa. Your dependents may include a spouse or partner, dependent children living in the UK over the age of 18, or other dependent children under the age of 18.

If any of your dependent children are aged above 16, you must prove that the child lives with you at the same address. You must also show that the child is not married and has to depend on you for financial support.

You will need to produce the relevant documents as proof of relationship at the time you submit your visa application. These may include a marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate, or birth certificate, depending on your relationship with the dependent applicant.

Get in touch with our expert International Agreement Worker Visa Solicitors today.

Visa Fees and Duration

The basic application fee for the International Agreement Worker Visa is £259. You must submit this fee at the time you apply online. In addition to this fee, you may be required to pay the healthcare surcharge if your visa duration is above 6 months. This surcharge is charged by the year and is £624 per annum.

You must pay the same basic fee and annual healthcare surcharge for each dependent applying with you.

The Home Office takes about 3 weeks to issue a decision on your visa application if you are applying from outside the UK. For applications made from within the UK, the processing time can take up to 8 weeks.

The maximum duration of the visa is up to 24 months. However, the actual duration depends on the job end date listed on your CoS. Your visa will be valid until this date plus 28 days. You can seek an extension if you are a private servant providing services at a diplomatic household.

You can get in touch with the International Agreement Worker Visa solicitors at our immigration law firm to see if you qualify for an extension.

Express Booking
Free Online Consultation

The Application Process

You must apply online for an International Agreement Worker Visa. You are required to submit relevant supporting documents at the time of your application. This is why it is important to have these documents available and with you before you initiate the application.

Here are the key documents you must provide along with your visa application:

  • A valid travel document. This can be a passport or another travel document.<