Parent of a British Child Visa

Call us on 0207 100 2525 for immediate help & assistance with your situation.
We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.


Request a call back from our Parent of a British Child Visa Solicitors

Page Contents

Call Us 24/7
0207 100 2525

What Is FLR FP Parent Route?

Any person can apply for Leave To Remain on the basis of being a parent of a British child under the age of 18 years or a child who has continuously spent 7 years in the UK.

What Are the Eligibility Requirements For FLR FP Visa under Parent Route

To qualify for Leave To Remain as a parent of a British or settled child, you should meet the following requirements:

  • Your British or settled child must be in the UK and must be under the age of 18 years.
  • If the child has turned over 18 but was under the age of 18 at the time of the initial application,
  • The child must be unmarried, must  not be leading an independent life and must be financially dependant on the applicant and/or the other parent of the child;
  • You should have been playing an active role in the upbringing of the child and should demonstrate intention to continue place such role in the life of the child.
  • The child in the UK can be somebody with pre settled status under the EUSS
  • It is unreasonable to expect such child to leave the UK

You can also apply if your child has lived in the UK continuously for at least 7 years immediately before the application date and it would be unreasonable to expect them to leave the UK.