Temporary Worker Visa

The UK offers several Temporary Worker Visas for overseas workers. These visa routes aim to bring employees on a short-term or long-term basis to their UK branches. The aim of these visa routes is to simplify the process of hiring talent from outside the UK.
Call us on 0207 100 2525 for immediate help & assistance with your situation.
We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online. 


Request a call back from our Temporary Worker Visa Solicitors

Page Contents

Call Us 24/7
0207 100 2525

What Is a UK Temporary Worker Visa?

A Temporary Worker Visa allows you to come to the UK and temporarily work for a period between 6 months and 2 years. It was previously known as the Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa but has since been changed so that it now incorporates eight separate visa categories.

You must score at least 40 points under the Home Office’s points-based system to be eligible for this visa. In nearly all Temporary Worker Visa categories, you will need a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a UK sponsor.

You can consult with an experienced immigration lawyer at Adam Bernard’s to discuss how you can obtain a CoS. Our Temporary Worker Visa solicitors help you meet all visa requirements and submit an application without wasting any time.

The actual requirements for your Temporary Worker Visa depend on the specific category for which you are applying. Here is a quick look at these categories and their requirements.

Youth Mobility Visa

The Youth Mobility Visa is available to young people from

International Agreement Worker Visa from the countries participating in the Youth Mobility Scheme. This type of visa allows you to come to the UK, study, work, or be self-employed under certain circumstances.

You can stay in the UK under the Youth Mobility Scheme for up to a maximum of two years. You can’t apply for an extension once the visa duration ends. You can also not bring any dependent or relatives to the UK on a Youth Mobility Visa.

To be eligible for this visa category, you must meet the following criteria:

  • You must be aged between 18 and 30.
  • You must be from an eligible country. Eligible countries include Australia, Canada, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Monaco, San Marino, New Zealand, Hong Kong, India, and Iceland.
  • You must have cash funds of at least £2,530 and you must owned these funds for at least 28 consecutive days in the 31 days prior to your application.

You will also need to meet other eligibility requirements for the visa. An experienced immigration lawyer at our law firm can help you determine whether or not you may qualify for this visa category.

8 Types of Temporary Worker Visas

You can choose from eight different categories of Temporary Worker Visas, depending on the nature of your job in the UK and other factors. These categories include:

  • Youth Mobility Visa
  • International Agreement Worker Visa
  • Charity Worker Visa
  • Government Authorised Exchange Visa
  • Creative Worker Visa
  • International Sportsperson Visa
  • Religious Worker Visa
  • Seasonal Worker Visa

If you are not sure which category applies to your case, a Temporary Worker Visa solicitor at Adam Bernard’s can help you.

Book Video Consultation Now
Zoom | Teams | Whatsapp | Skype

Charity Worker Visa

This is another type of temporary work visa that allows you to come to the UK on a temporary basis. The stand-out thing about this visa category is that you can perform only unpaid and voluntary charity work once you are in the UK on this visa.

The maximum duration of the Charity Worker Visa is 12 months. The actual duration will depend on the CoS you receive from your UK sponsor. If your CoS lists a job end date sooner than the 12 months, this date will apply. You can then stay in the UK until this listed date plus 14 days.

You must pay a fee of £259 alongside your visa application. You can also apply for dependents on a Charity Worker Visa. A Temporary Worker Visa solicitor at our law firm can guide you on whether or not you meet the requirements for this visa.

Government Authorised Exchange Visa

You can apply for the Government Authorised Exchange Visa under one of the listed government-authorised exchange schemes.

You must obtain a CoS from a licensed UK sponsor to apply for this visa. Sponsors for the Government Authorised Exchange Visa can be a government agency or department, a higher education entity, or an organised authorised to run an exchange scheme.

On this type of visa, you can come to the UK for an approved research or fellowship position, get work experience or training, or enrol in an Overseas Government Language Programme.

The nature of your work in the UK will depend on your Certificate of Sponsorship and must be relevant to your UK sponsor. This particular category of visa allows you to come to the UK for 1 or 2 years, depending on the scheme that applies to you.

You can also study and work on a second job on the Government Authorised Exchange Visa. The visa application fee is £259 and you can apply for dependents to join you in the UK.

Get in touch with our Temporary Worker Visa solicitors to discuss whether or not you are eligible to apply for this visa under an authorised scheme.

Get in touch with our expert Temporary Worker Visa Solicitors today.

Creative Worker Visa

The Creative Worker Visa allows you to come to the UK and work on a temporary basis as a creative worker. A creative worker is someone who works in industries requiring creative skills.

Workers that are typically covered under this category include writers, translators, dancers, directors, choreographers, musicians, producers, photographers, presenters, and others engaged in creative industries.

To be eligible for this visa, you must:

  • Have received a CoS from a licensed sponsor in the UK
  • Be offered a formal offer for an eligible job in the UK
  • Be paid a threshold minimum salary
  • Have cash funds of at least £1,270 to support yourself once you arrive in the UK
  • Make some kind of unique contribution to the UK labour market

You may need to meet additional criteria to be eligible for this visa category. A Temporary Worker Visa solicitor at Adam Bernard’s can help you understand and meet these requirements. You can also consult an experienced immigration lawyer at our law firm for other temporary work visas.