Youth Mobility Visa

The UK offers several Youth Mobility Visa visas for overseas workers. These visa routes aim to bring employees on a short-term or long-term basis to their UK branches. The aim of these visa routes is to simplify the process of hiring talent from outside the UK.
Call us on 0207 100 2525 for immediate help & assistance with your situation.
We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online. 


Request a call back from our immigration experts

Page Contents

Call Us 24/7
0207 100 2525

Who Can Apply For a Youth Mobility Visa UK?

The Youth Mobility Visa allows young people from the countries participating in the Youth Mobility Scheme to come to the UK for a period of up to two years. You must meet additional requirements to be eligible for this visa.

You can perform various activities in the UK once you are granted this visa. These include permission to work in the UK, enroll in a course for study, and be self-employed if you meet certain requirements. You can also travel abroad and return to the UK without any restrictions as long as your visa is valid.

This visa also has certain limitations in that you can’t apply to have dependents join you in the UK. You are also barred from applying for an extension to this visa. If you want to work as a self-employed person, any equipment you have can’t be worth more than £5,000, your premises must be rented, and you can’t hire any employees.

Here at the London-based Adam Bernard’s law firm, our Youth Mobility Scheme lawyers can help you identify the precise set of requirements you must meet for this visa. You can also consult a Youth Mobility Scheme solicitor at our law firm for detailed help with your visa application.

Country-Specific Visa Requirements

If you are applying for a Youth Mobility Visa from India, Iceland, San Marino, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, or Japan, you are required to meet additional country-specific requirements.

If you are applying from Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, or Hong Kong, you can apply under the scheme only if you have received a formal invitation to apply. Once you receive the invitation, you must submit your application within the period noted on the invitation.

If you are filing for a visa from Iceland, you are required to provide a Criminal Certificate of Private Use. This certificate must be no more than 6 months old at the time you submit your visa application.

Applicants from San Marino are required to provide a letter from the Directorate of Political and Diplomatic Affairs of the Department of Foreign Affairs in San Marino. This letter must confirm that you are a suitable applicant for the scheme. This letter must be no more than 6 months at the time of your application.

If you are applying from India, you must meet these additional requirements:

  • You must have received a formal